Have you ever fell in love with a scent and wondered how you could use it? Let's be creative! Fragrance oils can be used for all sorts of things. Let's start with the basics.
- Use a few drops in an oil warmer. Fill the bowl with water. Add a few drops of oil. Light your tealight underneath and enjoy as the fragrance fills your room.
- Wear it. A dab on the wrist or neck or other pulse points make for a wonderful perfume. And since fragrance oils are oil based, not alcohol based like most perfumes, they will last a lot longer. Use caution when using citrus or cinnamon type oils as these can be too harsh for some skin.
- Make your own scented products. Fragrance oils can be used when making soaps, lotions, or candles.
Fragrance oils are only limited by your imagination! Let's add scent to everything!
- Add a few drops to your furnace filter. Scent will be wafted through your whole house.
- Refresh potpourri. If your pretty pressed petals have lost their scent, put them in a big plastic bag, add some fragrance oil, shake it up and they'll be like new.
- Put some oil on cotton balls and throw them in your vaccuum cleaner bag to make your carpet smell fresh.
- If you have a candle that doesn't have a very strong scent, light it and let burn for a few minutes. Carefully add a couple drops of fragrance oil into the wax pool.
- Add a few drops to a wash cloth or cloth napkin and put in your dryer when you dry your clothes.
Fragrance oils are available in 150 different scents from Light My Fire Candles at $3.50 for a half ounce bottle.